Detergent and Disinfectant Product Registration
If you are planning to import or trade in detergent and disinfectant product in Dubai, UAE, this article could be helpful for you and your business. Dubai municipality offer detergent and disinfectant product registration in Dubai. We at Elegant Services provide assistance in product registration in Dubai municipality. We simplify the process for the companies who need these services. We are helping business in same field since more than 10 years.
Therefore, we develop an agile approach to make sure the whole product registration process under Dubai municipality becomes easy and hassle-free for each business.
- Detergents are a class of surfactants with cleaning properties when diluted in water.
- Most detergents are alkylbenzene sulfonates.
- Detergents are classified according to the electrical charge they carry as anionic, cationic, or non-ionic.
- While detergents are used for cleaning, they also find use as fuel additives and biological reagents.
The largest application of detergents is for cleaning. Dishwashing detergent and laundry detergent are the most common formulations. However, detergents are also used as fuel additives and biological reagents. Detergents prevent fouling of fuel injectors and carburetors. In biology, detergents are used to isolate integral membrane proteins of cells.
What are the disinfectants products
Disinfectant is anti-microbial product used on non-living materials to kill micro-organisms for the purpose of disinfection through neutralizing some or all of the disease causing organisms that may lead to infection
Time needed: 22 days.
How to register detergent and disinfectant products in Dubai Municipality?
- Need a UAE based trading license.
To register a detergent and disinfectant product with Dubai Municipality, first requirement is a UAE based company with detergent and disinfectant trading activity or general trading activity.
- Register the company with DM Portal.
in this step you have to register your company with Dubai Municipality (DM) Portal to access online services.
- Create application for detergent and disinfectant product registration.
Create online application in Montaji portal with required information of the product and upload the list of documents as per Dubai Municipality guideline.
- Submit the application and make payment
Once all documents are uploaded and everything is set submit the application and make the payment and wait for the response.
Documents Required for Cosmetic Products Registration
- Clear Picture of Product.
- Clear Artwork of Product.
- Free Sale Certificate.
- Ingredients Report. (list of a product’s ingredients)
- Certificate of Analysis.
- GMP Certificate.
- If any other supporting documents (e.g. Halal Certificate, Organic Certificate, etc.)
- MSDS Report / SDS report or TDS Report
Label Requirements for Detergent and Disinfectant Product Registration
It is mandatory to have a product label on product packaging. The information on the label is usually required to be in English. However, it can be bilingual or multi-lingual but the content should be exactly the same in all the languages.
- Brand Name
- Product Name (a summarized description of the product)
- Production & Expiration dates
- Hazard pictograms and precautionary statements
- Manufacturer details
- Size / Net weight or volume.
- Handling, storage and disposal information
- The country of Origin should be declared clearly and should be specific
- Batch number
- Ingredients with concentrations
- Health warning & safety precautions
- Instructions for using the product
- PH Value
Dubai Municipality allows detergent and disinfectant product registration through its portal name as montaji.
A company registered in the UAE with a valid trade license, and similar business activity can apply for detergent and disinfectant product registration with Dubai Municipality.
Dubai Municipality will charge AED 10 as an application fee and once the product is approved you can download approval certificate with an additional fee of AED 220.
The typical time requires for a detergent and disinfectant product registration in Dubai municipality is 22 working days.
Once the application is submitted for assessment depending upon the ingredients and specification of the product DM may ask for a laboratory test for some products.