Thursday July 18, 2019
How to Open a Beauty Salon in Dubai
If you are a professional beauty artist or hairstylist or even a businessman looking to start your own Salon, Dubai is suitable places to startup a Beauty salon. This article would discuss the requirements to open a salon in Dubai, What will be the procedure in License Registration and we will also give an approximate idea for the cost to Open a Beauty Salon in Dubai.
Type of Beauty Salon License in Dubai
Includes firms engaged in hairdressing and other beauty treatment, involving, trimming and cutting, dyeing, waving, straightening, hair fixing, as well as cosmetic treatments, including skin cleansing, skin hair removal, facial aesthetic, foot care, supporting hair strength, also, internal doors should remain unlocked as well as bearing glass to allow revealing the interior of the rooms.
Additional Approval required form Dubai Municipality (Department of Health and Public Safety) to Open a Beauty Salon in Dubai.
Includes ladies salons involved in beautification and hair care, including, hair washing, trimming, setting, dyeing, waving, straightening, hair fixing, henna services, as well as cosmetic treatments, which involve the makeup, skin cleansing, skin hair removal, facial aesthetic, foot care, nail manicures and treatment, micro-blading, also, internal doors should remain unlocked as well as bearing glass to allow revealing the interior of the rooms.
Additional Approval required form Dubai Municipality (Department of Health and Public Safety)
Additional Approval from Dep. of Economic Development (Commercial Compliance & Consumer Protection Sector)
Beauty Salon Requirements by Dubai Municipality
The Dubai Municipality will inspect the salon premises and make sure the salon will follow the standard guideline of public safety and maintain hygiene control. Dubai Municipality will ensure the commitment of all Beauty Saloons with the public health requirements. The implementation of a unified health requirement in all Beauty Salons in the Emirate of Dubai
The planning department of Dubai Municipality must approve the location of the beauty salon.
- There must be a signboard placed in front of the beauty salon.
- The lighting used in the salon must be sufficient and the furniture used must be clean and proper.
- As far as dressing chairs are concerned, they should meet the specified guideline by Dubai municipality.
- The height between the ceiling and the floor of the beauty salon must be more than 2.30m.
- There must be a separate area designated for beauty treatments like a pedicure, manicure, hair removing, and henna designing.
- There must be a washbasin near the area for facial treatments.
- Fireproof materials must be made use of for preparation area for hair removing materials.
- The beauty salon must necessarily have a water heater in place.
- There must be cupboards and drawers to keep cosmetics and towels.
Procedure to Register a Salon in Dubai Mainland
The procedure to register a salon License is quite similar to other licenses in Dubai. The following steps to be followed:
- Trade Name Reservation
- Choose a Local Partner.
- Choose a Shop for Salon.
- Take approval from Dubai Municipality.
- Make an agreement with all partners in court.
- Submit all documents in DED and pay the Trade License Fee
- The Trade license will be issued
- Make an Establishment card for the company from the immigration department
- Make an establishment card for the company from the Ministry of Labour
- Now hire your employees and start your business.
A Cost to establish a Saloon typically divided into following:
License Registration Cost including all formality: AED 30000 (Approximate)
Rent of the Shop: it may vary as per the location and size of the shop.
Interior work and furniture and other accessories cost, the cost depends on the quality and quantity you choose.
If you like this article and interested to start up a salon in Dubai, we can assist you in the complete registration process. Elegant Services is a professional Business Setup Consultant in Dubai since 2009. We offer complete license registration services including providing trusted local sponsor, PRO services in all departments and preparing all documents including partner and employees visa issuance.